Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valentine's Day...In Hindsight.....



Well, if I look a little chagrinned in this photo...I have good reason.

Valentine's Day has come and gone and I did not receive flowers...or chocolates ( BAD for dogs!), or really much of anything except my hugs.

My Mom broke all the rules and guidelines I had laid out in my New Year's Revolutions.

I worked two jobs the week of Valentine's. I went to a school on Monday and I went to an Assisted Living and Special Care Unit on Wednesday.

The kids were very cute at the school, although they were a little rowdy for my tastes. I start getting a little worried when they start asking "if they can ride me". Of course my Mom told them NO! I wore my heart necklace and we discussed the needs of pets and how to take care of them.
I hope they paid attention.....

Then, Wednesday, I had to wear this silly heart tiara....which is a very girly thing. This is also not part of what I agreed to do. So..when we walked into the Assisted Living lobby, I shook as hard as I could and it landed somewhere across the room. I was hoping it would just get lost amidst the wheelchairs and people, but oh no, my Mom found it and put it back on me. So I burped as loudly as I could at that point.

I guess I got my point across but all the folks thought it was very funny.

My Mom is FINALLY learning to really trust me when it comes to Therapy Dog work. I KNOW when someone NEEDS to see me or touch me. I don't know how...but it is just something I was born with I guess...or maybe I have ESP...but I do know what and when to do something when it comes to Therapy Dog work.

And so, once again, I will put up with all these little annoyances.....

because as My Mom says I am "AMAZING" as a Therapy Dog......

Love,

Champ

2 comments:

Deanna said...

You are so sweet. I'm glad your mom is letting you do your good work.

Anonymous said...

visit their website tramadol ultram dosage - tramadol dosage mims