Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Fire Ants At School!!!! Ouch!



I went to an elementary school yesterday and while we were visiting outside the school with a couple of folks,
I stepped off the sidewalk and into a nest of fire ants! They hurt! I got quite a few on me and my Mom thought she got them all off.....but when I got into the school room, I got bit again and started dancing a jig. Not a happy jig either! LOL We went back outside and my Mom found about 6 more ants on my feet! She said it is not easy finding fire ants in my fur!

Those things are nothing to mess around with so please watch out for them!

I did finally settle down and we worked with the children. We brought 4 pups and a kitten with us from the shelter and the children were very excited. They had a big time playing with the pups and a few girls spent quite a bit of time petting me which I loved!

I felt sort of bad though, because as the children were being led out of the room, one little girl started crying because she could not take a puppy home with her. Maybe she can convince her parents to go back to the shelter and adopt one of the pups!

That would be a happy ending for all of us.......

Love,

Champ

2 comments:

Cash said...

AAAOOUUWWWWWW, those fire ants must have been horrible!!! Sorry you got bitten by them. I enjoyed your blog....you are a KEWL dog!!
Jasper

Deanna said...

Poor thing! Fire ants hurt so much!