Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Went to School!



Yesterday I had the chance to go to Polk County Middle School as part of the Responsible Pet Owner Program through the Foothills Humane Society. I had to go dressed up for Halloween...but I guess that is OK
( SIGH!).

We spoke to the girls and boys about animals and how to take care of them.

I once had an owner who did not take care of me. I had no care, no water, no food...except for a few very kind neighbors that I tried to sweet talk into feeding me. I can still countersurf with the best of them...LOL I eventually wandered onto the highway and some kind person called rescue...my owner relinquished me, and now I have a great life in a new place with a new owner and several careers. I am a lucky GUY!

Now I want to spread the word about being kind to animals and taking good care of them because I know how it feels to be neglected.

We also talked a little about spaying and neutering your pets and how there are not enough homes for all the dogs and cats of the world. I wish I could change that....and I am doing what I can...one little bit at a time.

Champ

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Champ,

Welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it's great to have you aboard, and I am sure you will make lots of friends here :-)

Love
Opy