Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hi, I'm Champ -- Pat Me!

My name is Champ and I am a Great Pyrenees Dog. Cathy Brooks from Mississippi Great Pyrenees Rescue saved my life when I was found roaming the streets there (and in pretty bad shape, too), but now I have it made in the shade. I live in Tryon, NC, which is in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I am a certified Therapy Dog, which I love, and I also got my Canine Good Citizen Certificate (which I could care less about). I enjoy warning off vultures and airplanes that dare to fly over my territory and barking at coyotes that pass in the night. I also counter-surf at every opportunity.

My blog will be about my adventures as a Therapy Dog as well as about some of the animals I have helped rescue, and some others that need to be rescued.

When I was rescued, I had heartworms, not a lot of hair, and several broken teeth (I also wasn't eating too well at the time. I make up for that now.) There are a lot of animals like me, who just need a little care and a lot of love. (And food, plenty of food.)

I need another job to keep me busy (besides my Therapy Dog career and my guard-the-house gig). I am a livestock guardian dog (LGD) with no livestock to guard! I guess a blog is the next best thing.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy me.

1 comment:

Denises Dreams said...

Hi Champ, I love you! It seems like yesterday that you came into my heart as my foster baby. I'm so glad that you no longer have "bad hair days" and that you are living the good life in North Carolina with the most wonderful family in the world.

I see you are hard at work these days, Champ. You are loved by so many and I'm so glad you were my buddy if only for a little while.

Take care Champ, I hope to see you again some day.

Love Always, Your Foster Mommy,
Denise