Monday, January 08, 2007

Any Soldier and Any Dog....Thank YOU!

Oh I was so excited today when my Mom got the mail!!! I had an envelope addressed to Champ Mayer! I was so excited as I do not often get snail mail....well..not that I can read....

I had a feeling it was from the Cpl. Akers who has charge of the kennel in Iraq, and it was!

To be sure I do not mince his words...here is what he said in his letter:


Dear Champ Mayer:

On behalf of the dog handlers and I, we thank you so much for your contribution, whether it was for us or for our four legged friends. If you wanted to know a little background information on us,
my name is CPL. Anthony "Tony" Akers. I am 22 years old and originally from Everett, WA. I love my job and I love my dog, her name is Cindy. She is a Belgian Malinois. She is 5 years old and also loves her job, probably more than I do. She is a very little dog, but she loves to bite people and she is good at it. Don't worry, she will only do it when I tell her to. The other handler here with me is LCPL James M. Morgan. He is also 22 years old and is from Orlando FL. His dog's name is Fredi and he is a German Shepherd. He is 5 years old also and Fredi on the other hand is a lover, not a fighter, he is just a big teddy bear. Granted, he is one of the best bomb detection dogs I know of, next to Cindy, of course. We also had a female handler here, named CPL. Alex Lopez but she is no longer here. She moved on to Korean Village where she received better living conditions cause ours are not great.

Again thank you for everything. We really appreciate it and it is nice to know there are still some dog lovers out there, cause these dogs really deserve everything they get. They save lives and not many people know that and I love them for it.

Well, from the four of us in Trebil, we thank you and God bless.

Semper fidelis

Tony R. Akers

P.S. You are a beautiful dog.


WOW! How kind of him to write and tell me about the dogs. I so hope they can sleep in a safe place soon......

From ANY dog...to... NOT JUST ANY dog or soldier......

Love
CHAMP

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Looks like kindness was always a big part of you!