Tuesday, March 20, 2007

All in A Day's Work........



Yes...that is me being used as a pillow.......I was at one of the elementary schools yesterday as part of the Humane Society's Responsible Pet Owner Program and the kids enjoyed laying their heads on me. I felt very relaxed and actually enjoyed laying around on the floor with them.

Because I am so big, some of the children are usually afraid of me at first, but by the end of the time I spend with them, they decide that I am just a big Teddy Bear and that I would not hurt anyone. Even the ones that are most afraid of me at first end up getting up close and personal with me by the end of our visit. I actually weigh almost double what most of the children weighed yesterday......

Almost all the children we go to see at the schools have pets......when we ask who has pets, they always have a dog or two, or some cats, or some even start making up imaginary pets, I think, as their list can go on and on. So it is a good thing to talk to them about how to help take care of these pets and what these pets need on a daily basis.

By the end of the visit yesterday, I had several little boys that wanted to adopt me......one even offered my Mom a million dollars...but alas, I am one of the lucky dogs that has found his way to
a forever home where I am loved and where I can go spread the word about other animals that need homes.

I am a lucky dog and there is nothing I love better than to go out and make people smile and to try to get them to understand that one does need to be responsible about owning pets.

If nothing else, they can forget all of their troubles for a little while and hug a big white Teddy Bear of a dog!

Love,

Champ

1 comment:

Deanna said...

A million dollars! You are worth at least 3 million!