Saturday, March 31, 2007

Looking for That Special Prince?

See Prince at his new home! THIS is what HAPPY is all about!







Update:!!!! This special Prince left to go to his very own 97 acre forever farm yesterday, April 9th!
Have a great life Prince!



No...Not me! I am indeed, a Prince, but I have a forever home! My Mom asked me to put this in my blog!



I work daily with various rescues and look at pictues of the hundreds of dogs and cats that need homes.  They are all so worthy, but we have enough dogs and cats now, and are not in a position to take any more.  I have to say, though, that if it were possible, I would want Prince.
 
Prince is just that -- a real prince.  He is a shepherd cross but he is made up of several other breeds I think.  He is very gentle and kind, and quite the gentleman. He wants nothing more than to please those around him.  He is very, very smart, the kind of smart that shows a great deal of common sense.  He is so housebroken that he will not even use his run and has to be walked to relieve himself.

Recently, volunteers took Prince out with the On the Road program to the April Fool gathering in Tryon.  When they returned to the shelter, Prince got out of the van and went straight to the front door of the shelter.... on his own.  Even though there are many dogs and cats who think they are in love with the shelter staff, most dogs just do not have their wits about them to this extent.

This dog is special. He will be more than someone's best friend and companion.  He is the kind of dog who is loyal and true, and who will be right there beside you, no matter what.  And he is quite pretty...for a Prince.
So please, if you are looking for that special dog, go look at Prince at the Foothills Shelter. He is also on their website, which is www.foothillshumanesociety.org , or you can call them at 828-863-4444 if you think you might want to give this Prince a home of his own. Oh yeah...you can also email my Mom @ danamayer@alltel.net

PS: I know the men out there may not be looking for a Prince.....but he would make you a great pal as well!

No comments: