Friday, November 17, 2006

Santa Claus is Coming to Town....UH-OH!

I found out yesterday that I am going to see Santa at the Humane Society Open House tomorrow.
Yikes!

I was trying to rethink this past year and how good..or bad... I might have been. I know Santa sometimes brings NOTHING ( horrors) or disgusting things like coal and ashes ( Blech!) to those that have not been very good during the year.

If I think of the last few weeks...I think I have been pretty bad.....

I got a package of chicken off the kitchen counter and took it to the bedroom to devour. I got caught and then I had a LONG standoff with one of my owners over it. I growled VERY loudly and still lost the battle.

I have not had my mind on my Therapy Dog job all the time....other things come to mind when I should be working...like FOOD.....FOOD..and more FOOD.

On the other hand, I have been protecting the house from coyotes and I give that my best....I always act like I am the fiercest beast around when I hear them nearby. And I have kept the house safe from the vultures and airplanes this past year.

I also have made quite a few folks smile at the assisted living centers, the Special Olympics, and numerous places in between. I have even been sweet when some one would accidentally step on my tail or my paw.

Honestly, I think Santa will forgive me for my few bad times because overall, I have been a good boy this year. I really try to give most everything I do my best shot. No one is perfect and hopefully, when Santa is figuring out what I should get this Christmas, he will remember the smiles that I gave to some of the people that need them the most.

And he will forgive me of all those other things that were not quite so good....so don't sweat the small stuff Santa!

CHAMP

No comments: