Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Was Pretty Scary!




Well, sure enough I got dressed up in my costume and went to the assisted living facility. All was going along just fine until I walked in the front door. The place was decorated to the hilt and they even had strobe lights and music and they were all dancing in the dining room and just seemed to be having a grand old time. I could handle this....

Once I was through the door though, that is when the little goblins came after me. The little goblins, as I call them, are two little minpin mixes that came after me like they were going to eat me alive! They are also VERY loud and yippy. The staff had forgotten to put them up and they were all over my big butt. I could think of one thing and one thing only...LEAVE! So I pulled my handler towards the door and out we went.

I was very much a gentleman but I was a litle shaken up and I did not want to go back in at all.... EVER! My handler tried....in vain.....then one of the kind ladies came out and whispered in my ear and talked me into going back inside. She said she had put the little goblins up....so I reluctantly went back in.

I finally settled down and got my mind back on my job...but it took me a little while to come around.

My handler told me later that I was just the BEST....I could have turned around and let those two little goblins know just how big and strong I am....

But I am much too kind and gentle for that......and being kind and gentle is just a part of my job.

Champ

No comments: