Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Any Soldier.......and Any Dog...




Today I am doing my duty and being a patriotic dog.

There is a website called Any Soldier and it has the names of servicemen and women that are all over, many are based in Iraq. It has a note from each one and some of the things they could really use to make their lives a little better while on their tour. Yes...I think a couple of them asked for MP3 players...which I cannot blame them for doing. Music is a wonderful thing....
BUT....I digress....

Some one pointed out to me that there was a soldier on the list that was the Master of the Kennels....and this fellow was not asking for anything for himself...he was asking for something for the dogs! What a thoughtful man to ask for something to cheer up the dogs, as they do not have dog biscuits or toys...or much of anything extra. Things a dog really needs..those extra little special treats in life.

Well, today I am sending Cpl. Anthony Akers a little care package for the dogs over in Iraq.
I am sending dog biscuits and a few silly toys in the hopes that it will make things a little better for the doggies and Cpl. Akers.

I cannot imagine being a dog of war. It would be an incredible task..and while I do have respectable jobs, they pale in comparison to the jobs of the soldiers and dogs of the wars. I can only have the utmost respect for them and the job they do from afar...but I CAN give them a little something to show my appreciation and help them on their way.

Maybe for Christmas this year, we can all ask for PEACE......and the hopes that soon these brave men, women, and dogs will be able to come home....and maybe....just maybe....Santa could find a way that we could all be kind and gentle on this planet.

Until then.....Here's to all the soldiers AND, of course... their dogs.......

CHAMP

1 comment:

Mrs.D said...

What a great idea!!