Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Santa ( aka Champ) Goes Visiting....



I went to an assisted living facility last Thursday with my Santa hat on. This is a really nice place with lots of sweet folks there that make me feel like I belong. ( OK...forget the two little monster dogs there and the man who literally cries WOLF when he sees me and runs!). The place is always decked out in style for the holidays. A group in one room was singing carols, which I stopped and enjoyed for awhile. It was really special because I got petted the whole time I was there!

There were lots of smiles and I saw numerous people who were giving to each other...every one there seemed to have a little present in their hands and they were carrying them around with them held tightly in their grasp.

I do not even know what the item was in their tiny little package they held so dearly in their hands.....and it truly does not matter.....

They had been given the true gift of Christmas.

CHAMP

No comments: